Arrowhead Hosts 6th annual Hall of Fame Dinner

On Saturday, April 27th, Arrowhead held its 6th annual hall of fame dinner, where Arrowheads best athletes got inducted to the schools athletic hall of fame. This years hall of fame inductees include 7 athletes.

The first inductee is Tyler Donovan who played quarterback for the Warhawks in 2000. The Arrowhead website stated that he is, “A dual-threat quarterback with incredible athleticism and speed, Tyler Donovan was named the 2002 Associated Press High School Player of the Year his senior year. In addition, he received the AHS Senior Athlete of the Year, First-Team All-State QB, First-Team All-Area, Preps Plus Student Athlete Award, Prep Star HS Football All-American Team, and Classic 8 Conference Offensive Player of the Year. Tyler also received numerous accolades as a junior, including All-State Honorable Mention, First Team All-Area, and a NIKE Football Elite Training Camp invite.” Tyler Donovan also lead the warhawks to two state runner ups in both 2000 and 2002.

The second inductee is Kathy Kamrath, who played center for the girls basketball team. The Arrowhead website stated, “At Arrowhead, Kathy received four basketball letters and was a starter all four years. She mostly played post, but could shoot the ball from the outside and dribble it coast to coast against pressure. During her years at AHS, she set two school records: 1) most Varsity games played (86) and 2) most career rebounds (655). Other honors included: Co-captain her senior year, Athlete of the Week, All Braveland Conference – 2x, All Waukesha County – 2x, Easter Seals All-Star Game and Summer Girls State All-Star Game.”

The third inductee was J.P. Lange, a quarterback for the football team. The Arrowhead website states, “As the star quarterback in 1991, JP was the first to lead an Arrowhead football team to a State semifinals appearance. The season ended with a tough loss to Kenosha Tremper who went on to win the title. With JP playing both QB and free-safety, the AHS football program reached record levels that year. In addition to football, JP also played basketball and baseball, plus ran track for Arrowhead. On the basketball court, he was named All-Conference in 1992 and 1993, plus Captain in 1993. To end his brilliant high school athletic career, JP collected a total of eight Varsity letters.”

The fourth inductee is Bob Mallow, a coach of the ski team. Arrowhead’s website stated, “Having been a competitive ski racer growing up, Bob Mallow knew a thing or two about success on the slopes. A graduate of Arrowhead, Bob decided to take over and expand the AHS ski program and success instantly followed. He coached the Warhawks from 1991-1998. Bob demanded results and raised the bar for the AHS ski team. He knew there was talent at Arrowhead and he helped the team break new records and scale new heights. For his coaching efforts and accomplishments, Bob received the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Wisconsin State High School Ski Association.”

The fifth Inductee was Jackie Mulrooney, a track star was well as a crosscountry star. Arrowheads website states, “Being fast is in her blood. While her last name is synonymous with running and cross-country at Arrowhead, Jackie Mulrooney paved her own path as a Warhawk and dominated in both sports. From setting course records to earning All-State honors and being named Team Captain, Jackie put together quite an impressive runner’s resume. Here are her high school accomplishments:In Cross Country she won the following awards, All-Conference: 2nd Team 1999, 1st Team 2000 & 2001 (2001 Conference Champ). All-State: Honorable Mention 1999, 1st Team All-State: 2000 & 2001; Team Captain 2000 & 2001. Foot-Locker National Qualifier 2001 (first girl in Wisconsin in 10 years to make it to nationals). she broke four course records and won every invitational senior year. She set the AHS school record in the 4K: 14:18. In track she won all of the following awards, All-Conference Indoors: 3200 Meter Run – 2000 & 2001. Outdoors: 3200 Meter Run – 2000 & 2002 (2002 Conference Champ, set the Conference and AHS school record), State Qualifier 3200 Meter Run – 2000, 2001 & 2002, 2002 State Champ by 21 seconds, AHS school record 10:48 and with that she also broke the school record in the 3200 five times her senior year.

The 6th inductee was Steve Sarsfield who ran track and field for arrowhead. Arrowheads website states, “Back-to-back State Titles. Very few runners can claim that honor. In fact, Steve Sarsfield was the only athlete to win the 400-meter run two years in a row (1986 and 1987) in Division 1 WIAA State competition until 30 years later when another runner repeated the same accomplishment. Steve’s time of 48.32 is still an Arrowhead record.”

Finally the last inductee was, Brian Steinbach, who was inducted for baseball but played 4 total sports. Arrowheads website stated, “He’s one of those athletes…great at every sport he tried. At Arrowhead, Brian Steinbach earned 10 Varsity letters (4 Golf, 3 Baseball, 2 Volleyball and 1 Basketball). And he did it all while maintaining a 3.97 GPA.” Some of Brian’s accomplishments include: Freshman year – Starting Varsity pitcher and outfielder.

Sophomore year – Unanimous First Team and All Conference and All-Area, plus played on the Regional Championship team. Led team in hitting (.525 avg, 6 HRs and 47 RBIs) and pitching (10-1 record, 1.12 ERA). Highlights included a No Hitter vs. Waukesha South and recording 17 strikeouts vs. Waukesha North. Junior year – Did not play due to an ACL injury suffered playing basketball the previous winter. Senior year – Injured arm prior to the season requiring Tommy John surgery. Brian was able to DH and hit .350 with 13 HRs. Brian finished his high school baseball career with 21 home runs.