One More Day to see Broadway Company’s Musical Theater Nights

Arrowhead Broadway Company put on their annual Musical Theater Nights during the weekend of March 17th. This production has been a popular show amounts Arrowhead students and families for many years.

According to Broadway Company’s website, Musical Theater Nights are “vibrant musical revue covering everything from the classic Broadway musicals that we all know and love, to Broadway’s more modern hits.”

Broadway Company’s Musical Theater Nights are largely directed and choreographed by Arrowhead students. This gives the students the opportunity to see their scenes come to life.

Musical Theater nights is also the current seniors last show within Broadway Company. Seniors prepared  posters with pictures throughout their time in Broadway Company. The posters are shown in the hallway outside the theater.

Musical theater nights began on Thursday, March 15th, and concluded on Saturday, March 17th This consisted of three shows. Tickets are available at this website.

Within the show are scenes from 20 different musicals, with varying plots, themes, and characters. Some of the musicals included are Smile, Anastasia, Newsies, Young Frankenstein, American Idiot, and High School Musical 3.

“I love going to see MTN. It’s my favorite show Broadway puts on all year,” says Arrowhead freshman Makenna Melzer.

Some crowd favorites included “What a Game” from Ragtime, which featured all the boys in Broadway Company, “Until Tomorrow Night” from Smile, which was an all girls number, and “High School Musical” from High School Musical Three, which paid tribute to the seniors who choreographed and were featured in the scene.

“My favorite scene to perform in the show is the ‘Tango Maureen’ from Rent,” said Arrowhead senior Aleah Travers.

Broadway Company also announced the First Annual Gala: A starry night. This event will be hosted at the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the arts, and is on Saturday April 14th. Tickets are available online and arev $80 per ticket or $150 for a pair. Tickets are available online at this website. 

According to Broadway Company this gala will celebrate the various music talents at Arrowhead and will offer special preforminec, dinner, drinks, and a silent auction.

For more informantion on the Gala and on Arrowhead’s Broadway Company please visit at the Arrowhead choirs website.