Psych Club School Drive

Arrowhead Psych Club ran a toy drive from February 9th-23rd, benefiting the children at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.

The Psych Club drive included the following: art and craft supplies, rattles and teether toys; bubbles and light-up musical toys; and nail polish and Lego kits.

Psych Club also stated that the students were welcome to bring in toys for the kids, stuffed animals and such. Other items included earbuds, gift cards, and fun Band-Aids.

During this week, the boxes were placed in the front office of both North campus and South campus. The north campus coffee shop and library, and all the social studies rooms also housed donation boxes, because Psychology falls under the Social Studies umbrella.

Staff advisor and social studies teacher Jennifer Cropsey-Brown sent out an email to the staff informing the drive, encouraging them to participate, and providing a list in which the kids’ toy and supply needs were on.

AP U.S. History teacher Shanna Hechimovich said if the students did not have enough time to go out and purchase gifts for the kids, she was receiving money from her own students and going out to buy toys and supplies, so that they could take part in it even if they did not have the time.

Advisor Cropsey-Brown than sent an email on Monday the February 26th that the “generosity, and kindness” of the students, teachers, and parents brought smiles to many.