Changes made to AHS Health Room During Second Semester

Marlys+Williams+%28pictured%29+and+Michel+Kaliebe+will+be+substituting+in+the+North+Campus+heath+room+for+Paula+Nordwig+during+her+absence.+

Marlys Williams (pictured) and Michel Kaliebe will be substituting in the North Campus heath room for Paula Nordwig during her absence.

On January 23rd, Arrowhead teachers received an email regarding changes that will be made to the heath rooms at North and South Campus.

The email was sent by Paula Nordwig, school nurse. She briefed teaches of the changes made to the health room while she’s getting surgery. She wrote that she will be leaving January first and coming back in late March.

Arrowhead Senior Lauren Huether said “ I noticed Mrs. Nordwig was gone when I went to get some tylenol for a headache on Wednesday 1/31”

According to the email, there will be two people (Marlys Williams and Michel Kaliebe) covering for her.

Kaiebe is currently a health room aide at Arrowhead and he will be working Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8am until 3pm.

Williams will be working Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8am until 3pm. She is a  retired nurse and former health room aide.

“It’s business as usual in here, just a few slight adjustments” said Williams.

During Nordwig’s absence, she asked that rules that are already follow are followed though still, and that teachers read over the email carefully to note changes.

These changes consisted of the following, according to Norwig’s email:

• “If you have a field trip planned, please submit your list of participants at least one week prior to provide enough time to check for students’ medical conditions and supply you with a fanny pack.
  • Remember that the Health Room will not open until 8 am on Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays. If emergency treatment is needed prior to 8 am, contact the Front Office and Kristi Kirk will be called.
  • If you are sending a student to the Health Room for a non-emergency visit, always send them with a written pass indicating the time they left your class.

For questions/concerns that require a quick response (ie: before the end of the day), it is probably better to call the Health Room at Ext. 4208 rather than emailing. Marlys will not have an AHS email address and there may be some days that she and Michel exchange Health Room duties.”