AHS Broadway Students Preform Musical Theatre Nights

According to AHS Junior Annie Estenson, Broadway Company Musical Theatre Nights are a “montage of different musical theatre numbers, casted, directed and choreographed by juniors and seniors within Broadway.”

Broadway Company is Arrowhead’s performing arts club, but also a class period. Broadway Company puts on a musical in the fall, they carol around the community around Christmas, and in the spring they put on Musical Theatre Nights, or MTN.

Students can join Broadway Company by auditioning the spring before the desired year of being in the company. Only Sophomore, Juniors and Seniors are allowed to be in the company. There are about 50 members of Broadway Company right now, says sophomore Cassidy Wolverton.

But don’t be fooled if you think that you are getting the same Musical Theatre Night production if you go to see it twice. There are “about five different numbers. We practice from 2-4:45pm. In a month when we start running the whole show, we could practice until 5:30-6:00 pm. But once March hits, we are in tech week, so you bet that we will be here until 9:00pm,” Estenson says.

Wolverton says that all the members do the same Musical Theatre Nights, but different people are in different numbers.

“It is a really fun time with the whole cast onstage and off,” she says.

Musical Theatre Nights are open to the public, Esteston says, although she is unsure the exact dates. She thinks it is March 16th, 17th and 18th, but it not 100% certain.

Students interested in MTN productions and the days and time of performances can further look at the AHS website to see more information.

Wolverton says that her favorite part about MTN is “all the fun we have putting the number together, everyone has such a good time learning new dance moves, and getting to show our skills.”

Esteston also says she enjoys learning new numbers, and loves “the variety of the numbers we perform.” She said she really enjoys learning how to lead a group of people also.

Both girls agree that MTN are definitely worth seeing, and the students are very excited to perform for AHS.