UW-Madison Early Applicants Hear Back With Admissions Decisions

Wisconsin flag hangs proudly outside the counseling office.

On December 15th, 2017, all seniors who applied for early admission to the University of Wisconsin-Madison heard back with results. According to seniors who applied, they were delivered via email at nearly 11:30 p.m. on Saturday night.

As stated on www.admissions.wisc.edu, Madison’s early admissions program requires all students to submit their applications no later than 11:59 p.m. on November first. If students completed everything by the deadline, they were guaranteed to hear back with their decision by January 31st.

There are three possible decisions for applicants. Admitted means the student met or exceeded the requirements. Deferred means they were neither admitted nor denied and their applications were put on hold. Denied means the student did not meet the requirements.

Tessa DeQuardo, an Arrowhead senior, heard back with the news she wanted. DeQuardo scored a 29 on her ACT and maintains a 3.7 GPA.

“I was really surprised that I got in,” she says. “I saw in a newspaper article that they accepted over 70% of in state applicants, but I was still really skeptical. I heard of so many people who got waitlisted with similar GPAs and ACT scores, some even denied. It is such a prestigious school.”

Mark Ferree, an AHS senior and varsity football player, was waitlisted.

“It’s been my dream school since I was in middle school. I’m a little bit bummed, but I have competitive grades and ACT so I am hopeful of getting accepted in the future. My sister was waitlisted too and still got in,” Ferree says. Waitlisted people will find out no later than March 31st on their official decision.

For all seniors applying for Madison’s regular decision program, everything is due no later than February first and will hear back by March 31st, according to their website.