North and South Campus Lunchrooms Receive New, Jumbo Water Bottles

Starting on Monday, March 20th, the North and South campus lunchrooms and coffee shops put new water bottles in the refrigerators in the lunchroom for sale. The water bottles are 33.8 ounces and cost $2.50. The water bottles have different abstract art on the outside and the brand is Life Water. These water bottles are bigger and have different designs than the water bottles previously offered.

Many students such as sophomores Autumn Winzenried and Lucas Logelin find the addition of the new water bottles exciting.

“I like the new water bottles because they are a lot bigger and the designs on the outside are really cool. I don’t know why but the shape of the water bottle makes me want to drink more water.” says Winzenried. The shape of the water bottle is tall and round. “I try to challenge myself and finish the entire bottle and try to fill it up and finish a second one before the day is over. I get one of those water bottles everyday mostly because they are really cool,”

According to lifewtr.com, the water bottles feature three different designs from different artists every three months. The company’s goal is to inspire people with every bottle.

According to Logelin, two positives about the new water are that it’s healthy and it looks cool. Logelin says it also contains electrolytes, which is important for student athletes.

“The thing that makes these water bottles better than normal water bottles is that the hold more water so I don’t have to constantly refill it and they contain electrolytes which is really good for you,” says Logelin.

Electrolytes regulate the amount of water in the body, helps the body maintain proper balance, and helps the body maintain normal nerve and muscle function.

According to Winzenried, some of the other popular items in the school store are Flaming Hot Cheetos, nachos, and frozen yogurt. The lunchroom offers items such as nachos, sandwiches, and pizza around lunchtime. There are also items such as cereal bars and orange juice for students who arrive in the morning. Breakfast foods are offered all morning and through lunch but the cafeteria closes after 11:34.

“I think it’s nice that they offer breakfast foods for kids who have to get to school early because some kids don’t have a lot of time to get ready in the morning and skip breakfast. We’ve been told enough times that breakfast is the most important meal of the day so it’s pretty cool that they offer breakfast,” says sophomore Emma Quinn.

Winzenried and Quinn say the choices the lunchroom offers are pretty good but the new water bottles are the coolest item.

“I think the water bottles are so cool and the school is probably making a lot of money because so many kids buy them everyday,” says Quinn.