Arrowhead Students Slip and Slide On School Parking Lot

Picture of the entrance road of the schools parking lot.

It snowed again on january 15th and in the Arrowhead roads and parking lots, there is snow and ice. Roads can be icy and usually harder to drive in during the winter.

“I personally think that the roads are too slippery for student drivers,” says Arrowhead sophomore student, Joseph Fredrickson. “We have only been driving for a couple of years and not everyone is as great as a driver. The roads outside of the school are usually plowed right away and are hardly ever slippery. In the schools parking lots and roadways, it’s an absolute pain. There is always slush for weeks and then it turns into ice, making it such a pain to get anywhere on campus.”

“Honestly, it’s a stress to get to school because I feel like another student is [going to] lose control over their car and crash into me,” says Arrowhead student, Ethan Rosenberg. “I think that the roads should be plowed better because it also delays the traffic because we have to drive much slower not to crash or slide around.”

“Sometimes I’m late to school even though I leave at the same time I always do just because of the traffic,” says Fredrickson. “There are so many of my friends who I’ve talked to who drive and they tell me all the time that they are later just because of the slush and ice. The roads really need to be plowed better of at least have salt poured down to melt some of the ice and slush down. One of my friends even got stuck at a stop sign because he lost traction.”

“When I ride with my brother, we get really freaked out that someone else is going to go way too fast and crash into us,” says Arrowhead Junior, Jonah Fredrickson. “The roads are really bad and they really can be better if they dropped more salt. There are countless times that we have slid around the corners even though we go slow and drive carefully. We have also almost gotten stuck and it’s a real pain to watch my brother sliding everywhere just trying to get home. If they dropped ice or plowed better, there wouldn’t be a problem with all of these students sliding everywhere all the time. I know a guy who drove over a spot of black ice and it was so slippery that as slow as he was going, his car ended up sideways on the road.”

“I really hope they do something to improve the roadways on campus because right now they are just not driveable for me,” says Rosenberg.

Roads can be slippery during this season and there are ways to prevented it as these students have talked about.

“I really don’t want to end up sideways with my car but I feel like I’m going to everytime I go to school. I hope the slush will be cleared up because it is really getting annoying,” says Joseph Fredrickson.