Google Classroom Prefered Rather Than Paper

Over the recent years of Arrowhead, Google Classroom has been used to post assignments and notes for classes. The classes are run by Google classroom. Google classroom is course management system that allows teachers to post readings or homework and let students post the required homework through the website.

“I think that it is way easier to get homework done because I can type my homework faster than writing on paper,” says Arrowhead student Dyllan Engaldo. “I can get things turned in faster too and I can look back at it because it is always there to look at.”

According to the Google help website, it was made for schools to use instead of using so much paper in class. It was programmed with an easy setup so the teachers running it can get around easier on it and can easily post whatever they need to for class. It is easy for both teachers and students to stay organized with homework and notes other than using paper that can be lost easier. Everything is all in one place.

Teachers can start class discussions or announcements through Google Classroom. When an assignment is posted on the classroom page, the title of the assignment is provided along with the due date.

There is also a feature that allows people to see when something is late or turned in. When the time for the assignment to be turned in takes place, the there will be a box that says late if the student did not turn the homework in on time or if they did the assignment will say turned in. This was done to allow teachers and students to be better organized with homework and late work be tracked down. Google classroom is free to use and does not have ads on the page. It can also be used on devices like tablets or cell phones.

“Google Classroom helps me stay organized with my homework better and when I forget to turn something in, it lets me know on the assignment title. This helps me to track down and turn in any missing assignments I might have missed,” says Engaldo.

“I think it’s better to use than paper,” says Arrowhead student Jacob Luchinske. “It’s pretty cool to think that one day, every class could be online. It is really easy to use rather than wasting so much paper.”

Google Classroom also has a feature where all of the students who are part of the class get emails when there was an edit or new post on the classroom wall. It also emails students after a certain point in time when they have a late assignment.

“These emails are really handy for me. I can just check my emails and I’ll be able to tell if there is any missing work or new assignments. If I am really feeling up to it, I can even go on the classroom during a study hall and get started on the assignment before class starts. I can get ahead of my classes so I don’t fall behind,” says Engaldo.

“My school uses google classroom as well,” says Germantown student, Colt Steffen. “I think it’s way better than using paper because you don’t have to keep looking for it in your backpack or messy binder. It’s all there on one computer. It helps me to stay so much more organized. We use google classroom for things like taking notes, doing homework, reviewing and sharing presentations and submitting surveys for class.”

“I would choose Google Classroom over paper any day. It saves paper and it’s so much faster to do work on the computer rather than writing things on paper. Also the features are really cool. I love the way I can stay organized up to date and ahead on my work. When I forget my computer I don’t even have to worry because I’m able to do the work on my cell phone with the google classroom app. It works almost the same but looks different because it fits things for mobile devices. Overall, I think Google Classroom makes school easier with homework,” says Luchinske.