Transitioning From North To South

Transitioning From North To South

Arrowhead students go through many changes during their four years. Some of these include the changing of classes, switching of friends or becoming a part of different extra-curricular events.  But the transition between Arrowhead’s two campuses—between South for freshmen and sophomores and North for the juniors and seniors—is one of the biggest changes students experience.

Riley Knapek, a junior at Arrowhead High School, said, “I was most nervous about coming to North because I did not know where to go and I did not know a single teacher.”

The transition to North Campus involves getting to know a new campus layout, along with a new lineup of teachers.

Knapek said, “It’s harder to find your way around North. At South, the hallways were numbered, where at North, everything is scattered.”

This was the main reason why Knapek was nervous about coming to North, but otherwise she says she loves everything about it.

North campus is the larger and the newer campus of the two campuses and Knapek said this is why she enjoys it more than South.

Knapek said, “The atmosphere is not as strict and North campus has a brighter and newer atmosphere.”

Jenny Fischer, a junior at Arrowhead High School said, “I feel like the teachers treat us as upper classmen at North. South also felt more separated while North feels more together as one.”

Fischer says she thinks the maturity level is higher at North than it is at South because the older grades are at North and the younger grades are at South. She says that the seniors are much more mature than the sophomores and freshman.

There are more advanced courses offered to the students and the students are able to pick and choose more of their courses at North.

Fischer said the advice she would give an incoming junior would be, “Make sure you’re taking classes that will be useful for your future.”She says that for example if you interested in the health sciences make sure you take science and health classes.