New Changes Ahead for The Pink Mocha Cafe

The Pink Mocha Cafe, a coffee shop frequently visited by Arrowhead students, is in the process of moving locations. Shop owner Heidi Nugent, known for her previous ownership of Heidi’s Cafe, will be leaving her current location at 212 E Capitol Dr, Hartland, WI 53029.

The cafe’s new venue is placed on the old strip mall on Merton Avenue. Nugent says the reason for her move is due to the fact that the strip mall she is currently located in is being torn down and turned into apartment complexes.

The cafe is currently open Monday through Friday from 7am to 5:30pm, and on Saturdays and Sundays from 7am to 1:30pm.

Rustic decorations cover the inside of the cafe in its present location. Tables made out of old doors offer seating, and ornamentation covers the walls. Outdoor seating is provided as well.

Their menu offers everything from warm and iced drinks, to snacks and meals. Some well known dishes include the belgian waffles for $6.95, the eggs benedict for $7.95, and the homemade mac and cheese priced from $9.95 to $11.95. Popular desserts consist of the wide array of cupcakes, pies, cookies, and more.

Izzy Korpela, an Arrowhead sophomore, says she loves what the cafe offers. “Oh! Their smoothies, those are amazing. They’re delicious and nutritious.” Smoothies can be bought at the price of $4.95.

Heidi Nugent, owner of The Pink Mocha, says “I have a lot of years of experience behind me.”

After the closing of her old shop, Heidi’s Cafe, she ran a stand at Brewer’s games called Java by Heidi. She then returned to Hartland and set up The Pink Mocha.

Nugent says “Yes and no [I am excited about moving]. No because it will be a lot of work. Yes because it will be a better location with higher traffic volume.”

Many Arrowhead students are not aware of the move.

Korpela said she was surprised to find out that the location is changing.

The shop will be further away from the high school, but in a location that will offer better business of the highway, Nugent says.

“It [the location of the new cafe] will be brand new and more efficient, and I get to design it the way I want it,” says Nugent.