Warhawk Interact making a difference

On Thursday, April 23, there was an Interact meeting where students packed care packages to send to Asia, Africa and Latin America. The meeting took place in Mrs. Munkwitz classroom N171 at 3:00 PM.

Warhawk Interact is a organization of service and social clubs for high school students. Students involved in Interact develop leadership skills and personal integrity, as well as learn the value of individual responsibility and hard work, according to www.arrowheadschools.org. Interact is lead by Arrowhead English teacher, Liz Munkwitz.

Currently, Interact is lead by senior Suzzy Kowalski, as President; senior Kailee Sagal, as Vice President; senior Sydney Kopecky, as Secretary; senior Taylor Newcomer, as Treasurer; junior Kendall Knetzger, as Club Captain; junior Maggie Nixdorf, for Finance; and junior Rachel Goodwill for the position of International Understanding.

“Packing these bags today has been fun, and it feels good knowing I am helping others,” says Interact Secretary and senior Sydney Kopecky.

The care packages included soap, flashlights, microfiber wash cloths, petroleum jelly, medical gloves, Sunmark double antibiotic, bandages and medical tape.

“I have been a member of interact for about a year know and I really like it,” says junior Sara Deil. “In the meeting today we assembled world vision kits for children in other countries.”

Overall, Warhawk Interact “is a great opportunity, it looks really good on college applications, and if you’re strong on helping others locally and internationally it would be a great club for you,” says Kowalski.