Arrowhead students get ready for Thanksgiving Break

Tuesday November 25th, is the last day Arrowhead students will attend school before Thanksgiving break. Students have from November 26th through November 1st off of school.

Thanksgiving falls on Thursday, November 27th this year, and Arrowhead students Ricki Galstad and Morgan Merbeth say they are excited for break.

Galstad, a senior at Arrowhead High School, says she is looking forward to Thanksgiving break to spend time with her family.

“I don’t get to see the other side of my family very often, and Thanksgiving is always the time of year that I look forward to because I see my grandparents,” says Galstad.

Galstad says she is looking forward to going Black Friday shopping this year at the mall.

“Every year I go Black Friday shopping with my family and it’s always fun to be out shopping that late at night,” says Galstad.

Brookfield Square Mall will open at 6pm on Thanksgiving Day and close at 10pm on Friday the 28th.

Merbeth, a senior at Arrowhead High School, says she goes to the mall early on Thanksgiving morning each year.

“I always find really good deals when I go early. It’s a little crazy there but it can be fun too,” says Merbeth.

Galstad says she has never been to the mall before for Black Friday shopping but that she hopes to go this year.

“I’ve always been nervous about going to the mall at such a hectic time of year because I’ve heard so many stories about people getting hurt. This year will be my first year,” says Galstad.

Merbeth says some of her favorite Thanksgiving traditions include making a pumpkin pie with her mom. She says t’s a homemade pie recipe that has been passed down for five generations.

“The best thing about the pie is that it’s homemade. After you’ve had store bought pie and then made your own, you’ll notice the biggest difference,” says Merbeth.

Galstad says this year she is planning to make pastries to bring to her grandma’s this year because she isn’t able to attend Thanksgiving.