Starbucks: A Hotspot for Arrowhead Students

For Arrowhead students and people outside Arrowhead grounds, Starbucks is a hotspot. Anytime of the year crowds will visit the nearest Starbucks to get coffee, frappuccinos, steamers, hot chocolate. They have over 87,000 options to choose from.

People go to starbucks to study, hang out, or to just get hot beverages to quench their thirst. It’s the thing. Some students go there 3-4 times a week.

Greta Truttschel (an Arrowhead junior) says this about Starbucks: “Once you’re hooked, you’re never getting off the line.”

And it’s true for some. Many have gone to Starbucks so much that they received the Starbucks gold card.

The Starbucks gold card is a card that you register for and get after going to Starbucks a lot.

At first you start at the green level. Once you get 5 stars (drinks) you move on to the silver level where you need 35 stars. After that you receive the gold card. The rewards card offers free drinks and food for every 12 stars, 1 star per drink.

Junior Abby Weisrock, and gold card member, said this about Starbucks: “When I go to Starbucks, I usually order a cookies and creme frappuccino, a refresher, or sometimes I order off the secret menu.”

The secret menu is something only the experienced Starbucks goer knows about. And Weisrock, who goes there about three times a week, knows about it. It contains drinks, teas, and frappuccinos that are not on the visible menu inside starbucks.

Studying is another thing at Starbucks. Starbucks and their comfortable seating draws customers.

Weisrock said this,”I study at Starbucks. They have comfortable chairs and the scene just gets me.”

Many students visit with friends to catch up with homework or talk. It is also a hotspot for business men or women doing work and drinking coffee casually by a table. It’s usually quiet enough to be able to focus on work.

But some think otherwise of Starbucks. Some like Max Peterson and Bryn Bierman

Junior Max Peterson says this about Starbucks,”I don’t see what the big deal is. Starbucks is just coffee.”

Junior Bryn Bierman feels the same way,“I personally think Starbucks is overrated. All the girls go there because it’s the thing. But I’m not your typical white girl.”
Bryn only visits about once every two months when she is with friends. And for Bryn, the typical white girl is one who wears the most in-style clothes, has Vera Bradley or Coach purses, and…goes to Starbucks.