Top 10 Things Arrowhead Students Should Do This Summer

With summer comes spare time for adventure. Often, students struggle to find fun things to do. Here are ten things students can do this summer to keep the adventure alive.

1. Go hiking. Hiking is a great way to fill up time and boost both your mental and physical health. Whether alone or in a group students hiking is a great way to have fun and occupy the mind with the beauty of nature. There are many entrances to the lengthy ice age trail in Hartland. This trail goes all over Wisconsin so one can hike for as little or as long that they want. Due to it’s length students can walk this trail many times and enjoy different scenery each time.
  2. Take a camping trip. Bonfires, the woods, and good company no doubt make for a good time. Campgrounds can be found all over the country so students can stay close to home or venture far from it. Camping is a great way for students to travel without high expenses and if students don’t want to travel there’s nothing wrong with camping in their own backyard.  
  3. Go to the beach. What’s summer without a tan? Without school students are available during the sun’s peak. A great way to soak in those UV rays is to put on a suit and head to the beach. At the beach students can enjoy many activities like tanning, listening to music, reading, swimming, and socializing all while enjoy beautiful weather.
  4. Take a road trip. Got a car, a friends, and good music? Then one is set for a road trip! Students may think a road trip requires driving long distances and vacationing somewhere. Although this is an option there is an alternative. Grab some friends, snacks, and make a playlist then hop in the car and just go. Drive around and find a new town then adventure there. Going to new places and making new memories is a fun way to spend the summer and will add to the list of stories students can tell when they get back to school.
  5. Take a class. Since students don’t have to worry about schoolwork they have time to venture into new hobbies. To test the waters and find a new activity to enjoy students can take a class. Through a little online research students can find painting classes, cooking classes, pottery classes, and many more. Summer is a great time to try something new so if students have something they’ve always wanted to try find a class and go do it.
  6. Go to a drive-in movie theater. For students who love movies but feel guilty not enjoying the nice summer weather going to a drive-in movie theater is a great way to enjoy both. Drive-ins are a bit scarce these days but definitely worth the drive. So, combine suggestion four with this one and take a 45 minute road trip to Jefferson County for some drive-in fun.
  7. Sleep until noon. Got a day full of nothing ahead? Sleep until noon. Students and teachers spent the whole school year making sure they were ready to take on the day by 7:30 so taking the time to sleep half the day is well deserved.
  8. Go on a picnic. In a time filled with fast food restaurants, ramen, and easy mac  people often forget the joys of a sit down meal. So, gather some friends, a blanket, and fill up a basket with food. With parks scattered around Hartland like Hartbrook park, Lisbon park, and Fireman’s park students have many options for the perfect picnic location.
  9. Have a water fight. This summer camp classic is a fun way to cool down and have a little healthy competition with friends. This activity is also inexpensive. Students can hit up the dollar store, buy water balloons, and be set. If students feel like splurging they can get water guns and sprinklers to increase the watery fun. This activity is great for fun, to cool down, and be active with friends.
  10. Plan a day filled with arts and crafts. Time for students to put all those fun crafts pinned on their Pinterest boards to good use. Gather friends and art supplies and tackle the arts and crafts world. Struggling with an idea? Check out Pinterest or reach back into your childhood memory and recreate your favorite crafts. Tie dye shirts and add to your summer wardrobe.