FSO Gives Juniors and Seniors at Arrowhead Late Arrival or Early Dismissal

A schedule for a student who will be a junior at Arrowhead next year

Flexible Scheduling Option, or FSO, gives Arrowhead juniors and seniors the opportunity to either leave school one to two periods early, or come to school one to two periods late. It is available for students at North campus. If the student has FSO for one period, they will have it every single day, if the student has FSO for two periods, they will have it every other day.

The requirements for FSO can be found in the Arrowhead Handbook, on page 13. In order to be eligible for FSO, a student must have an accumulative GPA of at least 3.0.

FSO is an alternative to a study hall to those with better grades.

Hunter Pinkala, a former senior at Arrowhead says he had FSO. Pinkala says, “I loved FSO. I took it at the end of everyday so I left school around 2 and didn’t have to worry about traffic.”

FSO is unavailable for freshmen and sophomores, however sophomores can sign up for FSO for the next school year, if their GPA meets the 3.0 requirement.

Sophomore like Della Gehring plans on taking FSO in the morning next year. She says, “I’m taking FSO in the mornings because I [dislike] waking up so early for school.”

Jack Siepmann, a current sophomore at Arrowhead says, “I’m taking [FSO] at the end of the day.”

Nick Nielsen, a sophomore at Arrowhead says he plans on taking FSO next year at the end of the day.

Students are able to choose if they want early dismissal or late arrival when they are building their schedules, although the FSO won’t always fit into everyone’s schedule.

According to the Arrowhead Handbook, FSO has several requirements to be able to participate. The requirements are as listed: “maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0, must not have any F’s, must not have two or more D’s, be on track to graduate (with the appropriate amount of credits), no pre-expulsion, expulsion, suspension, or school related police citations, not received an attendance letter, not exceed two unexcused absences per semester, including study hall, and must not exceed three tardies to second period class (applies to first hour FSO students).”