AHS Football State information for parents and students

Once again Arrowhead has made it into the WIAA State Championship Division 1 football game this Friday, November 20, at University of Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium. Arrowhead will be providing students with transportation to and from the game if they choose to go that route.

“I cannot thank everyone enough for the positive support our community demonstrates for Arrowhead programs.  Your continued demonstration of good sportsmanship is a tribute to our school and community,” says AHS activities director Kevin Flegner.

This year, the color students should be sporting is BLUE! Students should also dress for the weather and layer up.

Though the game is during end of the school day, students attending are still expected to stay in class until 8th hour.  If a student is attending the game but is driving with family or friends, parents are still required to call the student in.  Even if the students not taking the school bus to the game, the same rules apply to them since they are still representing our school. Students not attending the game will continue with their schedule until the normal 10th hour.

Tickets and bus seats can be purchased at both the south and north campus offices starting Tuesday the 17th through Thursday the 19th. The cost for a ticket and bus fare is 18 dollars per person, while a single game tickets costs 8 dollars. These tickets can be purchased by students and adults. At the game, you can find your seating at the west side of the stadium.

DECA will be selling state long sleeve T-shirts during the north and south lunch periods for 15 dollars.

If a student plans on riding the buses provided they will have to show the parent information slip. If you want to be on the same bus as your friends, you should buy your tickets at the same time because once a bus is full there can be no changes. Students are not allowed to bring backpacks on the bus and should be left in lockers and retrieved upon arrival back at Arrowhead.

“We ask that all students and Arrowhead fans continue this outstanding tradition of good sportsmanship as we strive to ‘FINISH’ the fall season with class,” says Flegner.

The students and adults attending this game will be expected to follow these WIAA rules

According to Flegner,

“Noisemakers are permitted EXCEPT for whistles, milk jugs, coffee cans, air horns, vuvuzela horns or any noisemaker which interferes with the orderly progress of the event.

The WIAA only allows body paint to your head and students are expected to be clothed at the game.Any banners or signs must be positive support signs for our team and should not be negative toward any school, player, coach, or official.  Banners should not hinder someone’s view of the game.  Any banners that are mounted to the restraining fence by the team area are to be facing our spectator section, not our opponents.”

After the game, if parents want to pick up students from the spectator bus, they are required to park in the parking spaces away from the curb. Those curb spaces are reserved for the 13 buses dropping of students.

The Arrowhead • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Arrowhead Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *