Music Played At Homecoming 2013

Around 1,000 kids attended Arrowhead High School’s homecoming on September, 28th from 8-11:30 pm head in Arrowhead’s gymnasium.  It’s the only dance offered for freshmen and sophomores, unless they get asked by a junior or senior to prom.

The dance has a new theme each year.  This year’s theme was dancing through the decades.  Some of the music played relates to the theme of the dance.

Nicole Hospel, a sophomore, went to the dance.

“I thought the dance was good.  The songs seemed really long this year and there was not that many slow songs.  The songs were weird.  There weren’t many that I knew from the radio,” says Hospel.

The music this year was from the 90s and earlier because of the theme.  The theme was about earlier decades, so music made in an earlier time period was played more frequently than previous homecoming dances at Arrowhead.

Music should have been more newer than older, so students would actually know the songs, says Sadie Sarinske, a sophomore.

“They didn’t play songs I was hoping would be played.  Last year’s music was much better because it was louder and more up-to-date, new songs.  They should have had more dancing, energetic music as well,” said Hospel.

“I wish they would have played newer songs such as Gas Pedal, WOP, Wrecking Ball, and songs that came out 2012-2013,” says Sarinske.

The deejay this year was from a music company called Midwest Sound.  They do events like weddings, dances, and parties.  They are out of Madison and Milwaukee and have been in business for 37 years.  Their website has four out of four stars reviews from customers.

Sarinske says she enjoyed the deejay this year.  “The DJ was very enthusiastic and made the whole room energetic…[they] made room fun…They had lasers and lights…The dance was interesting which made it more enjoyable,” says Sarinske.