Arrowhead DECA Students Travel to Georgia for Conference

On April 21st through the 25th, 17 marketing students went to the 2018 DECA International Career Development Conference in Atlanta, Georgia, also known as ICDC.

It is one of the largest groups going from Arrowhead in awhile. Staff and administrators supported these students and listened to them present, according to Mr. Melzer. Out of the 17, three were freshmen: Makenna Melzer, Andrea Fickel, and Grace Dai.

The event was streamed live on Instagram @Arrowhead_DECA and DECA.org.

There was over 18,000 marketing studenting from around the world and a concert from Andy Grammer.

Arrowhead won fourth place in the MDA campaign for involvement and fundraising which is raising money to find the cure for the disease Muscular Dystrophy. Participants are scored out of ten for their potential project. Additionally, three Arrowhead students earned top ten as well as one recieving a medal.

For sports & entertainment marketing, Natalie Purko and Jonathan Witter, both juniors won an award. Another junior, Emma Hofmann won an award for business services marketing, The one medalist from Arrowhead was Cross Conrad for business finances.

Arrowhead was one of the top three best high school performances from Wisconsin and recognized as a top four social media outlet, according to Mr. Melzer. The other Arrowhead participants include sophomore; Ruthie Lin, juniors; Emily Chu, Abby Fickel, Jaylen Webster, seniors; Madison Zeller, Morgan Schenck, Vienna Wieland, Grace Kopetsky, Della Gehring, Corinne Burkhart.

“It was an incredible experience and especially inspiring to be around so many kids our age that are interested in the same field as us,” said Arrowhead senior Madison Zeller.