Arrowhead Deca Students Prepare for State

DECAs marketing class.

DECA’s marketing class.

DECA students at arrowhead high school are competing in competitions to earn a spot in the state competition and even a chance to advance to nationals. The district championship will take place at Kettle Moraine High School on Saturday, January 6th. If the DECA team does well and wins their competition, they will move on to the state championship, which will take place in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, where schools from all over the state will compete to be named the best DECA team in the state. Participants will be putting together projects and a set of judges will decide who has the best project of them all. Projects for the state competition will be due Friday, February 2nd.

On Arrowheads webpage, they provide information about DECA, they stated, “DECA is a student organization of marketing and entrepreneurship students.  It is a basic component of a Marketing Education program, which supports and enhances, related school based and work based learning. DECA provides students with skills and knowledge to succeed in the new global economy. DECA is a local, state and national organization of goal-oriented youth with career interests in marketing, management and entrepreneurship.”

If students are interested in signing up for DECA, their website provided this statement. “1)  As a sophomore junior or senior: enroll in Marketing & Business, Entrepreneurship Venture, Sports & Entertainment Marketing, or Sales & Advertising.                                

2) As a freshman contact Mr. Melzer – [email protected].

* Cost is $12.00 per year, which includes local, state, and national membership.”

Arrowheads webpage also added some benefits to joining DECA as a new member.

“- Enables students to achieve high academic and occupational standards.

– Develops meaningful partnerships.

– Links school based learning to the real world of work and family.

– Motivates youth to become better students and productive citizens.

– Develops school and community leaders.                                                                   

– Enhances student self-esteem and self-confidence.”

Finally, on Arrowheads web page, they have DECA’s Mission statement, “The mission of DECA is to enhance the co-curricular education of students with interests in marketing, management and entrepreneurship.  DECA helps students develop skills and competence for marketing careers, build self esteem, experience leadership and practice community involvement.  DECA is committed to the advocacy of marketing and the growth of business and education partnerships.”

Senior Chris Krietlow said, “I would recommend getting into DECA, especially if you are going to north campus next year. There are a lot of opportunities to meet people and try new things.”

Senior Ty Roznowski said, “DECA has a lot to offer and looks very good on a college resume and I think that most people would enjoy it more that they would think.”