AHS Students Welcome Fall Activities

With each new year, Arrowhead students in particular get excited when the season of fall comes around. After homecoming and the first month of school, Arrowhead students are welcoming trick-or-treating, hot cocoa, and the orange fall leaves.

Megan Bartelt, an Arrowhead student says, “I don’t like the fruits of the season.”

But the season isn’t only about pumpkins and apples–it’s also about Halloween.

Halloween is the time of the year where kids all dress up in scary costumes and go trick-or treating for candy.

Bartelt she says, “ Michael Myers has always been the scariest costumes for me.”

On the other hand, Arrowhead student, Carly Minor says, “I’m actually really scared of the chainsaw guy, I also really hate clowns.”

Halloween isn’t just about the scary masks or even the creepy chainsaw guys, it’s also about the candy.

“My favorite candy has got to be Twix,” says Bartelt, “ I know I’m too old for trick or treating but I still like to go for all the candy.”

Minor says, “ I love when they hand out the huge candy bars, especially Hersheys.”

Candy bars and other treats for trick or treating can be found at any grocery store, walgreens, gas station, etc.

Trick Or Treating for Hartland, Wisconsin for this year is October 31st, from 6-8 p.m.

Although Trick Or Treating may be something that students look forward to, there is also things that students don’t look forward to.

“I dislike that the peppermint hot cocoa isn’t out at Starbucks until fall.” says Minor.

The peppermint hot cocoa is a specialty item at Starbucks that only arrives at certain times of the year, and it’s almost time for it to come back out.

Though fall has it’s downfalls, students enjoy the fall colors.

“Something I like about fall is the weather, and the leaves changing,” says Minor.

Bartelt agrees saying, “I like the colors of the leaves. The scents like pumpkin spice, coffee and all the smells when you walk outside.”

“It’s going to be a great year,” Bartelt says, “ I can feel it.”