Senior Portraits For 2017-2018 Yearbook Can Be Submitted Soon

Like last year, AHS senior students get to have a special portrait section in the 2017-2018 Arrowhead yearbook.

Starting Monday November 6th at Arrowhead, senior student portraits for the 2017-2018 yearbook can be submitted to Mrs. Barbee’s mailbox at North Campus.

Senior students have a portrait section in the yearbook every year. At the end of this school year, the yearbook will feature the class of 2018 in the special section.

Some AHS seniors, like Jacob King, believe that the senior portrait is “pretty important.”

On the other hand, AHS senior Jonathan Chycinski said “I don’t really care [about the yearbook’s senior portraits]. It’s not that important to me.”

AHS senior  Karina Smits was in the middle. Smits said “I think [the senior yearbook portrait is] somewhat important. Like, that’s gonna be your picture in the yearbook but yeah, I’d say somewhat important.”

According to the AHS senior yearbook picture requirements sheet on www.arrowheadschools.org, senior portraits can be sent in via two different ways. First, you can print out a vertical formatted two inch by three inch photograph along with a piece of paper stating your name as you would like for it to appear in the yearbook and place them in an envelope to be mailed to Mrs. Barbee’s mailbox at North Campus.

The second way is to submit a digital version of your senior portrait. This can be done by making the photo formatted vertically with a resolution of 600 x 900 pixels at 300dpi. Then you can burn the photo onto a CD. The CD should be labeled with how you want your name to appear in the yearbook. The picture should not be emailed.

King, Chycinski, & Smits all said they’d be submitting their photos digitally but Chycinski and Smits will have others upload their photo for them.

“Well for mine, I took mine at Lombard in Hartland so I think they do that for me, so I think it’s pretty easy cause I just tell them which one I want and they send it in” said Smits.

“I don’t really know. I think my mom’s gonna do it, so I’m not really like handling that” said Chycinski.

Some seniors had professionals take their photos for them as well, like Smits, who took her’s at Lombard Studios in Hartland.

“I went to J.C. Penny’s” said King.

AHS senior John Doleschy said “It was a friend [who took the yearbook portrait], actually.”