Arrowhead Summer School Officially Kicks Off

Arrowhead High School’s summer school program has officially begun as of June 12th, 2017. Arrowhead offers students courses between June 12th and July 20th. Ecah in person course runs Monday and through Thursday for six consecutive weeks.

Arrowhead also offers online summer school classes. Online classes take place online once students meet with the teacher to get set up for the class. Summer school classes are offered for students who failed previous classes and  for other students who wish to earn more credits.

Students signed up for summer school classes in February of 2017 when registration was available to students of all grades. However, after registration for summer school closed, some classes had to be cut or combined with another class due to the staff and student enrollment numbers. Still, many classes were still offered for students to take, like Marching Band, Photography, and Online Journalism.

Numerous students are taking initiative while doing their summer classes at both North and South Campus.

Rachel Kriehn, a Junior at Arrowhead says that by taking summer school classes, “it frees up your schedule more and you can take more classes that you want…There are some classes that are only offered in summer.”

“If you are taking gym, you don’t have to do it during the year”, said Martha Kobiske, a student attending Arrowhead summer school. “It’s a lot more convenient.”

For those who were not sure if they wanted to continue doing classes during the summer, they could decide to drop their classes by June 15th, 2017. As for the rest of the students who decided to keep pursuing summer school classes at Arrowhead, one week of summer school has already gone by and will continue each Monday through Thursday; at this time, the only day off during the Arrowhead Summer School program is on July 4th, 2017.