Tips For Students Struggling To Finish Off The School Year

Countdown until summer!

With two weeks of school remaining for juniors, and one week of school remaining for seniors, it can become tempting to begin to check-out. However, the final days just might be the worst days to give up as all courses at Arrowhead have a final exam worth 15-20% of a student’s final grade.

There are things you can do to help yourself finish strong.

First off, stay organized. Keep track of old notes, packets, and review guides. Many classes have a second semester final that includes content from the entire year, so you’re going to want those old notes to look back on. Also, staying organized helps ensure that you will have all of your work turned in on time. That way, when the bell rings on the last day, you don’t need to worry.

Next, set up a schedule. This will be different for each person. Set up a calendar with how many days are left of school, and plan out how much work is left to do on each remaining day. This way you are 100% aware of what’s coming, and you know how to take on the final days.

If you are a senior, who feels like you have nothing left to accomplish in these last few weeks, many online health forums recommend seniors take on a new project or try a hobby This could include planning for college, trying out a spring league recreational sport, or even beginning a home improvement.

The end of the year is the time to either make or break your final grades. Even if you’re a senior, now is the time to make sure that those last grades on your transcript are the best representation of your current knowledge.

All students with late or missing work, should check with teachers to see when the last day that late or missing work will be accepted. Each teacher is permitted to make this date as they wish.

Some ways to prepare for finals include using Quizlet, compiling notes used throughout the semester, and notecards.

Seniors will begin final exams Thursday, June 1st and Friday, June 2nd throughout the school days. Juniors begin finals on June 7th, June 8th, and June 9th. Some juniors will test with the seniors depending on the junior to senior ratio of the given class.