Prom Season Arrives at Arrowhead

Now that prom season is here, the Arrowhead National Honors Society will be holding a dress sale for students to sell and purchase used dresses.

At Arrowhead, the countdown to prom has begun with the dance just a little over a month away. Luckily, prom details were sent out in an email to Arrowhead upperclassmen on Monday, March 6, making the plans for the night a little clearer. Now, searching for a date is the only thing left to stress about.

The theme of this year’s prom is Yule Ball, which was decided based on results from a poll sent out to the Arrowhead study body. The theme of Yule Ball originates from the traditional Hogwarts winter dance in Harry Potter.

According to the email sent by Arrowhead associate principal Becky Gordon, the dance will be held on Saturday, April 22 at the Country Springs Hotel. Doors will open for students at 6:15pm.

Prom tickets are available for purchase online starting on March 27th and continue through March 31st for a price of $70 per person. Tickets will also be sold on April 4th at noon through the 7th for $80 per person.

After tickets are purchased, students must print their vouchers and bring them to room N137 between April 3rd and April 7th at 2:45pm. Here, students will pick out their table location and food selection. Dinner will be served at the dance with choices of chicken cordon bleu, baked salmon, or vegetarian lasagna.

Prom attire is formal, with men in suits or tuxes and women in floor length dresses. For students looking to get rid of old dresses or buy a new one at a reasonable price, Arrowhead’s National Honor Society is holding a “Dress Again Prom Dress Sale.”

The dress drop off will be March 8th at Hartland Public Library from four to seven PM, March 10th at N43 W28315 Somerset Court in Pewaukee from 12 until six PM. The fee to drop off a dress priced up to $100 is five dollars and the fee for a dress over $100 is ten dollars; however, you receive all the earnings if your dress is sold.

According to the flier printed by the Arrowhead National Honor Society, all proceeds from the drop off fees will be donated to the Waukesha Women’s center.

The event to purchase the dresses will be on March 11th, from 10 until 4 PM at the Church of the Resurrection in Pewaukee.

The flier also includes that all students interested in selling their dresses should fill out this form.