Kissmas Bash Excites Students

Panic! At the Disco performing at the rave on Thursday, December 15th.

For the past 17 years The Rave Eagles Club, located in Milwaukee, WI, has hosted the Kiss-FM Kissmass Bash.

This year, the Kissmas Bash includes Martin Garrix, Jon Bellion, and Panic! At the Disco. Garrix performed on Tuesday December 13th, Bellion on Wednesday December 14th, and Panic! At the Disco on Thursday December 15th. All three acts will be played in the Eagles Ballroom.

The Eagles Ballroom can hold up to 4,000 people and is the largest venue in The Rave. Past artists such as Fall Out Boy, Ed Sheeran, and Bruno Mars have played in the Eagles Ballroom.

“The Rave is very dim lit and hot inside but I like it because it conveys an old time rock concert effect,” says sophomore Ellie Artone.

According to MTV, Garrix first hit the stage as a DJ in 2010 at only 13 years old. Garrix signed with Spinnin’ Records in 2012 and collaborated with Sidney Samson and Julian Jordan. Garrix is currently 19 years old and has released two albums and numerous amounts of singles including popular song: In the Name of Love.

“I am so excited for the Kissmas Bash because I am seeing Martin Garrix. It’s going to be amazing and I get to see him in person again. The first time I saw him was the best night of my life. I purchased my tickets early on the Rave website because they sell out quickly,” says sophomore Alex Hepfner.

According to billboard.com, Bellion began experimenting with music his junior year of high school due to his inspiration from Pharell Williams, Timbaland, and Eminem. Bellion attended the music program at Long Island’s Five Towns College where he began his music career. Bellion graduated college and collaborated with many artists including Eminem and he released his first mixtape in 2013. He performed many of his songs including his most popular, All Time Low, at The Rave on Wednesday, December 14th.

“I am so excited for the Kissmas Bash because I have never went to a concert with a calm vibe and and venue like The Rave. I like the Rave because it’s casual and the tickets are cheap. I’ve seen that Jon Bellion’s concerts have lots of lights and that he’s super interactive with the crowd. I want to take tons of pictures,” says sophomore Rachel Foust.

Main singer Brendon Urie was still in high school when he recorded his first song with the band. That song led to their first album, A Fever You Can’t Sweat Out, that they recorded in 2005. Since then, Panic! At the Disco has recorded five albums and several hit singles including their most popular, Death of a Bachelor. Band members include: Urie, Ryan Ross, Dallon Weekes, Spencer Smith, Jon Walker, and Brent Wilson. The band has been together for 11 years and Urie is 29 years old. The band performed at the Rave for their second time on Thursday, December 15th,

“The rave is very intense and so fun. I love the rave and I’m excited to go because the vibes are always good and happy. The music just brings out the best in people,” says Hepfner.