Arrowhead Students and Staff Prepare for Thanksgiving Plans

Assorted fruits and vegetables being prepared this Thanksgiving for dinner.

With the five day Thanksgiving break coming up next week, Arrowhead’s students and staff have a plethora of plans they will be tending to when the holiday rolls around next Thursday. Whether it be packing up to go see family outside the state, setting the table cloth at their respective homes, or preparing for guests, there’s a common theme. Mostly everyone is gathering with their families.

Out of a compilation of twenty students and staff surveyed, all twenty said they are planning on dining with their own nuclear families (5 out of 20) at the least or on of their entire extended families at the most (10 out of 20). The remainder lay in between. Furthermore, out of those surveyed, three said they themselves are helping prepare the big meal. That comes out of seven people who said they were having Thanksgiving at their own houses.

In regards to location Arrowhead attendees are fleeing to this turkey day, one person is flying, seven are staying home, and the remaining twelve are driving somewhere. Concerning the food, nine said that turkey was their favorite part of the meal, four said stuffing, two said pumpkin pie, and the remaining five said ‘all of it’ was.

“I’m looking forward to enjoying the arguments at the table. Me and my extended family on my dad’s side are going to my aunt’s house in Menomonee Falls. We get together with them every year for Thanksgiving and it’s usually always held at my aunt’s. So this year isn’t likely to be any different than in year’s past. The one exception is that with it being an election year, the conversation at dinner will likely be fairly interesting to say the least,” said senior Riley Smeaton.

In regards to other affair to partake in over the five day break, Smeaton said “I don’t really plan on doing any  Black Friday shopping but I do intend on catching up on a lot of sleep and pushing off all of my assignments to Sunday night before we come back to school on Monday.”

“We’re having Thanksgiving at my house this year and we plan on having as many people from my mom’s side of the family over as possible, as is tradition. So I’m looking forward to seeing everyone and enjoying all the good food at dinner,” says senior Bronson Esteves.

One of Arrowhead’s North Campus math teachers, Chris Martin, has much more of a non-conventional situation planned. He says, “We’re probably going to end up going to both my wife and I’s family Thanksgivings on the same day so that’s going to be quite the adventure. One of them is here in Hartland and the other is up in Sheboygan. We’re likely going to end up to going to one for lunch and the other for dinner. The past few years we’ve switched off whose family we’ve gone to on Thanksgiving, but since my wife has some elderly grandparents, we’re trying to get in as much time as we can with them so she wants to go to both places this year. It’s a unique holiday experience for me this year in that sense.”

“It’s not necessarily going to be my favorite thing in the world. There’s other things I rather do with my five days off then travel around the state,” Martin said.