Vending Machine Mountain Dew Kickstart Increases By 25 Cents

The North Campus Cafeteria Vending Machine’s current price for a Mountain Dew Kickstart in 2016.

Recent changes in the Arrowhead North Campus cafeteria have increased the prices on the vending machines. The vending machine in the back of the cafeteria, containing Mountain Dew Kickstart, has increased by 25 cents. Last week, these energizing drinks cost $1.00. Less than a week later, the price changed to $1.25.

Gabbi Pancheri, a sophomore at Arrowhead, says, “Most days I only have a dollar, and I rarely carry around change.”

Sidney Heinitz, Pancheri’s close friend, also purchases from this vending machine. She says, “It sucks because sometimes I only have $1 and I don’t have the 25 cents.”

Audrey Koller, sophomore at Arrowhead says it’s rare for high school students to carry around coins. She says, “Most people don’t carry loose change around school.”

These caffeine-filled drinks have been around the school for roughly 18 months now, and the price has been set at $1.00. Until now.

Max Quadracci, a sophomore at South Campus says,  “I thought that it was just a mistake, so I came back the next day and I knew it really was changed.”

There are two vending machines at North Campus containing these energy drinks. One is located at the athletic entrance and the other one is in the cafeteria. The 25 cent increase in Mountain Dew Kickstart has occurred at both vending machines.

Harry Smith, a sophomore at Arrowhead, says, “I have to walk up from South Campus everyday, and sometimes I just want to walk in the school, whip out a dollar, and buy a Kickstart. But now I can’t, ya know?” Smith says he, “doesn’t think the 25 cents is necessary.”